The Wellington Division - Food, Fighting and Fancy Clothes

Here is sequence 33. I guess it's not okay to say you like your own writing -- but I like this part. :)

While working on the Wellington Division I gave myself two rules: no traditional comic boxes and no narration, unless one character is telling a story to another.

I hoped with careful composition, deliberate use of values and mindful placement of dialog, I'd be able to clearly guide the eye around each page. We don't see the world in little boxes, so I thought it would be interesting to approach a comic that way too.

The second rule, the no narration rule, is the one that tripped me up length-wise (although I still am glad I did it!) I wanted the story to, as much as possible, unfold scene by scene.

Thank you, also, to everyone who commented on my last post and gave such great suggestions.

Comments

Bridgette said…
I am really enjoying reading (I suppose that's what you would call it) this! I'm not much of a comic person...maybe it's because of the boxes and the narration. Anyway wonderful job!
sarah said…
Hey thanks! It always makes my day to hear from someone who is reading my book and enjoying the story. :)
Maria Dsouza said…
Baby clothes are one of the most popular types of gifts for new and expectant parents at a baby shower. Shopping for baby apparel and baby stuff is something a lot of people especially new parents enjoy.

short prom dress.